BATTLEFIELD 4
  • I'd be shocked if the browser you used to connect has anything to do with it. Though I suppose it's possible.

I crash to the dashboard constantly, and then trying to find out which server my friends is on is broken too.

If Party Chat actually worked, I bet a lot of the frustration would go away.
  • @sw0rdfish - I didn't figure it could be the browser either... but I am gonna try to test it some more this weekend to see if it crashes more or less with each browser.... At this point I don't really care as long as I can play! :happysad:
  • UPCOMING VEHICLE TWEAKS
    Aircraft and Anti-Aircraft
    1) Reduced the total amount of missiles carried by the Mobile Anti-Aircraft vehicles from 6 to 4. The total carried missiles were making it impossible for helicopters to use counter measures to avoid the MAA’s attacks.

2) Reduced the velocity of the MAA’s default 20MM CANNON from 1200m/s to 800m/s to match the 30MM CANNON. This reduction reduces the distance projectiles will travel and should prevent situations where the MAA could engage enemy vehicles without leaving its protected home base. The damage of the cannons remains unchanged, and aircraft, especially helicopters, should remain wary of getting too close to a MAA.

3) Reduced the physical impact of all Anti-Aircraft missiles to prevent helicopters from flipping uncontrollably when hit. The damage values have not been changed.

4) Reduced the cone in which ACTIVE RADAR missiles search for targets, making them require a higher level of skill in predicting where a target will be when the missile is fired. The missiles were previously too easy to aim at long range, making them a guaranteed hit and a clear advantage over the other missile types.

5) Increased the direct damage done by the Attack Helicopter’s gunner cannon. The gunner will be better able to assist the pilot in taking down vehicle targets with this change.

6) Increased the direct hit damage of the Zuni Rockets for Attack Helicopters. The rate of fire of these rockets combined with their smaller magazine pool made them a poor choice over the other two rocket types.

7) Reduced the splash damage and maximum splash damage range of the Scout Helicopter 25MM CANNONS. These weapons were too effective against infantry with a higher splash, making them a clear choice over the 7.62 MINIGUNS in all combat situations. The 25MM CANNONS are intended to give the Scout Helicopter some measure of effectiveness against vehicles, at a clear trade off in effectiveness vs. infantry.

Tanks and Anti-Tank
    1) Reduced the “intelligence” of the MBT LAW missiles, requiring the player to aim the missile closer to their target before the smart projectile will activate. Additionally, the MBT LAW now reloads slightly slower. This keeps the MBT LAW in its role of an easy to use, fire and forget weapon available to all Engineers, while also balancing it with the other rocket launchers in favor of skilled AT shots. Finally, a bug where the MBT LAW would pass through an ACTIVE PROTECTION shield has been fixed.

2) Fixed an issue where ACTIVE PROTECTION and the MP-APS did not properly stop 12G FRAG rounds.

3) Reduced the range where the M2 SLAM will do maximum damage to vehicles from 6M to 3M. Players will now need to be craftier when placing the M2 SLAM in order to get the full damage potential of this ambush anti vehicle weapon. This change is to primarily counter a tactic of placing 3 mines in the same spot to guarantee a kill on any vehicle passing within 6m. The range was deemed to be too large, making the M2 SLAM far superior to the M15 AT MINE.

4) Reduced the damage the STAFF shell does to all targets by 25%. This should balance the ease of use of the STAFF shell with its damage potential.
  • We’re balancing a number of weapons to highlight their intended roles on the Battlefield. Stay tuned for more upcoming tweaks in this blog series.
    UPCOMING BF4 WEAPON TWEAKS
    DMRs
    1) Increased the damage of all DMRs across all ranges. Specifically, damage has been increased at long ranges to allow three-hit kills against unarmored opponents. Additionally, reduced the penalty to accuracy for sustained DMR fire, allowing more rapid follow up shots in combat. The amount of the damage increase varies from weapon to weapon, according to its intended range, rate of fire, and damage. We will continue to monitor the effectiveness of DMRs in combat, and determine if additional action is needed to make DMRs a viable mid to long range weapon.

Pump Action Shotguns
    1) Increased the accuracy of pump action shotguns (870 MCS, HAWK 12g, SPAS-12, and UTS 15) while on the move and aiming. The accuracy has been approximately doubled. These weapons did not have any available barrels or grips that would allow a player to enhance their aimed accuracy. This change should make the use of pump action weapons with slugs much more viable at medium and close range by allowing more accurate fire.

Carbines
    1) Reduced the long range damage of the MTAR to bring it in line with the rest of the Carbines.

General
    1) Adjusted the way inaccuracy is handled when transitioning from Hip fire to Aimed fire. Previously, if a player began firing before aiming, he would keep his hip inaccuracy while aimed, until he stopped firing. This was especially obvious with LMGs on the move. Players will now only be subject to the maximum aimed inaccuracy after the transition. While still terribly inaccurate, this allows for substantially more accurate fire than the old method and should allow players with LMGs to panic fire in close quarters, provided they are aiming.

2) The Heavy Barrel’s Accuracy bonus now also applies on the move, at a reduced bonus. This should give the Heavy Barrel a wider role for players who desire accuracy while aimed in all situations.

3) Synchronized the timing of the aim down the sights animation of sniper rifles with their ability to fire with full accuracy. Players no longer need to wait for additional time after the aiming animation plays to get accurate shots. There is still a delay to achieve full accuracy, so Quick Scoping is still not possible.
  • UPCOMING BF4 PISTOL TWEAKS
    1) Increased the aimed accuracy of the M1911 to make it a viable choice once the COMPACT 45 has been unlocked. This gives the M1911 a clear accuracy advantage for range, while the COMPACT 45 has a clear ammunition per magazine advantage.

2) Increased the close range damage of the M1911, QSZ-92, FN57, CZ-75 and COMPACT 45. This will allow all pistols to bypass Body Armor at close range. Additionally, the FN57 and the QSZ-92 have had their long range damage increased to allow them to properly bypass Body Armor at all distances. Finally, the CZ-75 has also had its long range damage raised to give it a diverse role among the handguns.

3) Reduced the delay between pressing the trigger and the bullet firing for the M412 REX and .44 MAGNUM. This delay represents the way these weapons work in real life, while also improving their responsiveness in game.

4) Increased the magazine capacity of the QSZ-92 to 20 rounds, the proper amount for this weapon in real life. Additionally reduced the recoil of the QSZ-92 to give it a clear difference from the FN57.

5) Corrected a small error with the COMPACT 45 accuracy when crouched or prone. The weapon was accidently less accurate than intended.
  • UPCOMING BF4 GRENADE TWEAKS
    1) Increased the number of M84 FLASHBANG and HAND FLARES the player can carry from 2 to 3. A player may now have 3 active HAND FLARES, up from 1 before. The HAND FLARE remains mostly a gadget of comic relief, though its ability to blind IRNV sights should not be forgotten. The increase in the number the player can carry should allow for a larger tactical use of both the HAND FLARE and the M84 FLASHBANG.

2) Increased the effect of M84 FLASHBANG grenades on friendly and enemy players. When Friendly Fire is OFF, friendlies receive approximately half the effect duration. Previous duration was 4 seconds, now 5 seconds for enemy players. Additionally increased the range at which a player feels the full effect of the flash, and increased the effect on players not looking directly at the flash bang. This should sufficiently improve the reliability of the M84 FLASHBANG, and make it a viable choice in the grenade category.

3) Increased the maximum damage for the RGO from 67 to 80, however reduced the range of explosion. The RGO was essentially an instant kill in Hardcore, it now has a reduced 1 hit kill range, however accurate throws will yield higher damage values in Core. This clarifies the role of the RGO as an accurate impact hand grenade, while still not allowing 1 hit kills in Core.

4) Reduced the visual and audio effect for the detonation of the V40 Mini to highlight its smaller blast when compared to other grenades. Decreased the maximum damage from 80 to 60, and decreased the range at which maximum damage is applied. The player continues to carry 3 V40 grenades, and is still able to use 2 of them to get a kill in Core. Previously the V40 was entirely superior to the M67 in Hardcore, this change aims to balance them in Hardcore, while also keeping their effectiveness intact in Core.

• I get killed with the MTAR a lot. now I know why...
  • Why are they making DMR's even more powerful? They're already over powered.

I'm bummed about the MTAR. That was my favorite gun.
  • Another update - I did get premium.

That is all.
  • New Battlefield 4 patch causing sound issues:

Players are reporting severe sound issues with the latest BF4 patch on both PC and consoles.

DICE released a massive Battlefield 4 patch yesterday on all platforms, which mostly dealt with fixing bugs and improving performance. However, some players are reporting that the patch has brought with it some new problems.

According to reports on the official Battlelog forums, Twitter, and even in comments here on BF4Central, the latest patch is causing sound issues across all platforms.
    Players are experiencing loss of all sounds in the game except the end of round tune that is looped every five minutes in the background. The sound problem appears to be happening on both Xbox and PlayStation consoles. Some PC players are reporting the same problem though, adding that the game still crashes to desktop, even more than with last patch.
    It should be noted that not all players are reporting these problems. Some, especially those on PC, say that Battlefield 4 runs better and with no issues at all.
    However, it appears that the sound issue is a serious one, especially on consoles. Last Battlefield 4 patch added some bugs as well, especially on the netcode side. Hopefully DICE figures out what went wrong and rolls out a quick patch to fix the sound glitches.
    Sound problems are nothing new to Battlefield 4 — the game shipped with looped and broken sound on several maps, most prominently on Lancang Dam, where the sound would loop and cut out at times. This bug was later fixed in an update.
    What’s your experience with the new Battlefield 4 patch? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section!
  • First Battlefield 4 community mission announced

The very first BF4 community mission has been announced and requires players to get 10 million dog tags collectively.

As part of their Battlefield 4 player appreciation month, DICE has announced the very first community mission for February. The community mission tasks all players to collectively grab 10 million dog dags with knife kills. All platforms are included in the mission and all knife kills are counted.

The Battlefield 4 community mission runs from February 5th to February 11th. If players manage to reach the goal, all participating players will receive a gold Battlepack. Which is an odd prize, since all players will be getting free Battlepacks every single day in February.
    While it’s great to have some community challenges like these, we honestly expected something more in terms of rewards. For example, back in 2009 with Battlefield 1943, DICE had a community challenge where players were tasked to reach 43 million kills, where after a brand new map was unlocked.
    What do you think of the new “community challenge” feature added to Battlefield 4? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section.
  • Really? A gold battle pack? :/
  • Yeah... that kind of blows...

But I do enjoy knifing fools... (like I did to JP the other day.)

:-D
  • DICE recently updated Battlelog for Battlefield 4, which included a bunch of improvements to the web-based stats tracking service. And with the update, DICE announced that we’re finally getting the Battlefield 4 Platoons feature later this month.

Platoons were popular in BF3, and are essentially “clans” that players can create and join. The Platoons feature wasn’t talked about much back when the game was announced and when it launched, but everyone sort of expected DICE to carry over the feature from BF3 to Battlefield 4.
    After several months of waiting, we can finally expect Platoons to go live later this month. However, don’t expect the full version with all the features enabled.

According to DICE’s announcement, Platoons will launch later this month, and features will be added to it in the future.
    We’re not entirely surprised that DICE put Platoons on the backburner — there are more serious issues that Battlefield 4 is dealing with at the moment (bugs, glitches, netcode etc.)

The new Battlelog update includes several fixes to the mobile version and the specific apps — you can see the full changelog here.
  • Battlelog.com has already been updated - the mobile app will be updated during the day

ANNOUNCEMENTS:
    - We are happy to announce that we will roll out Platoons for Battlelog for Battlefield 4 later this month - stay tuned!
    - Battlelog emblems will now show up in-game on Playstation 4, Playstation 3 and Xbox 360.
    - We are aware of an issue, where you receive new Soldier Portraits in Battlepacks, although it appears as if you have unlocked all of them. We are investigating!

FEATURES & IMPROVEMENTS:
    - Improved how Battlepacks progression is calculated for Suggestions, so that they are less likely to appear
    - The Com Center/Friends list in the mobile app no longer shows the playing/online/offline category (still indicated using the colors), to make it more coherent with the Com Center on Battlelog.com
    - Minor tweaks to the Awards section in the mobile app, when viewing individual awards (medal + ribbon)
    - Other minor improvement and tweaks

FIXES:
    - Fixed an issue where the Server Browser in the mobile app would remain empty
    - Fixed some blocking issues with the QR Code sign-in flow from Playstation 4 in the mobile app
    - Fixed an issue with the Unified Game Manager, where it didn't show the "Set as Active" button if you played on PS3, but had a PS4 soldier active
    - Fixed an issue where you couldn't add a Battle Report as favorite in the mobile app
    - Choosing Game Size filter settings in the mobile app's Server Browser is no longer listed as Unknown
    - Fixed an issue on the mobile app, where you sometimes couldn't click elements in the left side of the app, or it would take you to wrong sub-pages
    - The service stars progression bar now shows in the Stats -> Vehicles view
    - Fixed various issues with Tracking and Suggestions in the mobile app
    - Some player prizes/awards texts had gone missing from BF3 Battle Reports; they are now back
    - Certain images on the not-logged-in home page for Battlelog for BF4 didn't show in Internet Explorer 11
    - Fixed an issue with the Missions creation in the mobile app, where the "Any Map" was shown as "Unknown"
    - Fixed an issue where the tooltip for some ranks in the Battle Feed was not showing the correct name
    - Better BF4 home section in the mobile app, if you log in with an account that does not own Battlefield 4
    - The Custom Region filter in the Server Browser should now be fully functional and shiny :)
    - Fixed an issue where the SPM value showed as 0, when using the profile replay on the Soldier page
    - Fixed an issue in the mobile app's Battle Reports, where the teams were sometimes named "Unknown"
    - Fixed an issue on the Soldier section in the mobile app, where you could slide the page left and right
    - Various other minor fixes
  • I played a bit last night.

It's been acting goofier for me the last week or so.

I am having more lock up's and crash to desktops then ever before.

And occasionally it will stutter. Like my guy will be running forward and it will hiccup back a split second. Once it starts doing that, only way to stop it is to quit and start game from scratch.

Not sure if it is an odd glitch with my Xbone... or the game.

Hope it is ironed out with my new system (or more patches)
  • It's the game Nowhere. I've had a ton of new issues since patch as well. Most annoying is that it won't show peoples gamertags on my team and enemies, even post game
  • @Variation - yeah, I forgot that issue. It is a pain when several peeps don't have a name.
  • Dinged 105! Starting to focus on assignments now. Using a lot of weapons I've never used before. Kinda a pain but adding some depth.

Don't know what it is, but every time I play second assault maps I do HORRIBLE. Ready for the next map pack to come out.

Also ready for rentable servers so people can change up the map order, games types, and mix the map packs together.

Over 200 hours in and still enjoying it!
  • I played a bit yesterday (I think I hit level 25 maybe? :wonder: )

Anyway, I am NOT a fan of the China Rising maps. Maybe I need to play them more, but so far, I don't care for them.

Only played 1 Second Assault map, and I don't remember what it was, but it looked like they just added a bunch of debris into the air.

Looked like shit. Didn't care for it... (probably need to play those more too)

• Second assault maps are nice. Gulf of Oman is more than just a little debris in the air lol. Caspian they added a huge wall and sniper nests all along the wall. Added more control points on Firestorm to support 64 players. Except metro. Team that spawns on the bottom ALWAYS loses.

China Rising is a great map for vehicles and sniping. Not so great on foot. Lots of land between points. Lots of camping the trailer to get into the bomber. Maybe it is just me that likes them. Niteside doesn't care for them either.

None of the maps look like shit tho. Sure you weren't playing the PC version?
  • Yep, I'm positive. Gulf must have been the map. So much crap was flying around I couldn't see more then 20 feet in front of my guy. Forget sniping.

Like I said, maybe I just need to give it more time/tries.
  • Gulf starts out a clear. Then the storm hits, and yea sniping and flying gets really difficult. I like it. Got people to actually playing the objective.
  • I'm still very into the MP of this game. I hit 42 over the weekend. I just have zero desire to play when you guys aren't on.

I am moving up the DMR chain. I have a good one that I'm using and digging at the moment. It's my go to weapon in conquest now. I was using the VAL as engineer, which is still a good option but the clip is so small I always get killed reloading or switching to pistol.

I still prefer to play the medic. I'm glad DMRs are available for that as well.
  • @Lambeaus - Maybe I joined mid match... it was probably already shitty/storming. lol

What is everyone's best/favorite gun's?

I mainly snipe... but I would like to hear what other guns are favorites and why.
  • The SCAR-H SV with ACOG is by far my favorite gun (last DMR unlocked). Powerful, accurate, low recoil, and sounds great. Great stability for using hip fire at close range.

Second favorite is the SRR-61 sniper rifle with ballistic scope. I can shoot a flea off a dogs ass with that thing. It is the sniper with the farthest range with minimal bullet drop.

Third is a new unlock for me...the RPK-74M. It is the LMG unlocked in the China Rising DLC. Crazy stability and accuracy for a LMG.

For pistol I'm starting to use the M412 REX for an assignment. I'll probably stick with it after completion. Really digging it.

Damnit now I want to play tonight again.
  • Following Battlefield 4 Second Assault will be the third expansion pack, Battlefield 4 Naval Strike, launching in late March for Battlefield 4 Premium members. Stay tuned for the exact date and find all expansion pack information on Battlefield.com. In this expansion, you’ll experience intense water-based combat as the Chinese armada takes the fight to the sea. You’ll have access to new weapons, gadgets, and amphibious vehicles, and four all-new maps – Lost Island, Nansha Strike, Wave Breaker, and Operation Mortar.
  • In addition to the new maps, Naval Strike will also feature a new game mode. Called Carrier Assault, the new mode is a re-imagining of the popular Titan game mode from BF2142. In “Titan”, each team controlled a large ship, called a Titan. The opposing team had to first disable a Titan’s shield, before storming on-board to destroy the reactor core.
    The Naval Strike expansion for Battlefield 4 will also introduce 5 new weapons, a new amphibious hovercraft vehicle, and 2 new gadgets: 3GL grenade launcher attachment for the Assault class, and the Anti-helicopter mine, which is an aircraft disabling mine for the Engineer class.
  • Wow that game type sounds cool
  • I was just telling Dave about the revive thing over the weekend

@Battlefield: Handy with a defibrillator? Become an even better reviver with this @primagames video guide.

https://t.co/UUzhXBYj6e
  • I do the rambo revive a lot. Just cause I'm always quick to try and help someone. I'm getting better about looking at the situation before pulling out my paddles tho. 

I've known that you have to warm up the paddles for a while now. It's very helpful. 

I got the no revive glitch a ton of times in the limited time I played on Saturday. Clearly walking up to a dead teammate charging my paddles only to have nothing happen. Pretty annoying. They weren't spawning either. They were there for a few seconds after, enough for me to give it a second try. I watched the video hoping to find something I was doing wrong.
  • I get the no-revive glitch all the time too Fuzz trying to revive people. More than annoying when I'm sacrificing myself to revive a team mate only to die instead because it didn't work.
  • Soon, fans of Battlefield 4 will be able to come together as one persistent unit and show the world where they belong. Rolling out starting February 27 as part of the Player Appreciation Month, the first iteration of Platoons is coming to Battlefield 4.

Show the World Where You Belong
    Platoons in Battlefield 4 is a way for you and your friends to get together, organize yourselves, communicate, and fight together to improve your Platoon. Whether you want to share experiences in a more private space, or show the world who has the most skilled, most awesome Battlefield 4 team around, Platoons is the way to go.

So what can you expect when Platoons launches during this and next week? Let’s look at the main features you will have access to in the first iteration of Platoons:

• The ability to create and join a Platoon for up to 100 members.
    • Basic Platoon management such as inviting, applying, and promoting/demoting members.
    • A private and public Platoon feed, where you can communicate and coordinate.
    • A Platoon emblem and tag that all members can easily apply.
    • The ability to earn stats for your Platoon and rank it up, and see all the matches you played together.

Our goal is to make it both fun and easy for you to get organized and be part of the best Battlefield 4 Platoon ever created. Whether you want to discuss your past games and plan the next, or get competitive and see who your Platoon is up against, the feature will be as powerful and intuitive as possible.

Make Your Platoon Stand Out
    There will be several different customization options for your Platoon. Apart from setting a Platoon name and 4-character tag, you will of course also be able to design your very own Platoon emblem, which all members can easily use as their own. If the emblem gets updated, for example, you don’t need to worry; the changes will automatically be applied and your Platoon tag and emblem will without extra effort follow you in-game. Besides that, you can write a presentation text for your Platoon and set the address for your website, if your Platoon has one.

Earn Stats for your Platoon and Rank Up
    Platoons for Battlefield 4 also feature a brand new progression and stats system. In order to earn stats, four players from the same active Platoon must play together in the same round of Battlefield 4, and then your core stats will be either averaged or accumulated and applied to the Platoon. Best of all, you will earn score for your Platoon, so you can rank it up (initially, ranks 1-10 will be available, with more ranks to come). Other stats such as Kill/Death Ratio, Score per Minute, and Skill will also be shown for your Platoon.

Discuss your Matches and Have Fun in the Feed
    The core way to communicate within your Platoon is through the feed, which has both a public and a private section. In the public section, you can allow anyone to leave a message, whereas the private area is for members only. All messages can be commented on, leaders will be able to sticky messages to the top of the feed, and perhaps best of all, you can subscribe to messages, so that every time someone comments on it, you will receive a notification, so you can return to follow up.

Rolling out on February 27
    We will begin to open up for Platoons on Battlelog on February 27, with some players getting access slightly before others in order to ensure proper feature stability. When it is launched during this week and next, everyone will be able to join a Platoon, but Battlefield 4 Premium and a soldier with at least rank 10 will be required to create your own Platoon. The system is also completely platform agnostic, so anyone can join a Platoon no matter where they play Battlefield 4.

It is important for us to clarify that this is the first iteration of Platoons. We will continue to work on the feature to refine and expand it, but now we will finally have the opportunity to see it in action and get some real-world feedback. Now is the time for all our players to tell us what they like, what they want improved, and what they want to see next.

Don’t hesitate to tell us what you expect from the upcoming feature, and what can be improved once it’s live. We appreciate your questions and feedback!
  • Time to get my PNES platoon made asap! WHO WANTS IN?
  • Wewr > Pnes
  • Did they update it? Cause when I hopped on to get my battlepacks (I got the veteran one too) I noticed my avatar and profile in the corner. I wonder if they fixed some stuff. 

I guess that's a good and bad thing about these auto updates. You don't know when they happen. 
  • Only thing I saw different was the avatar. It is just used to change sign in. Pretty itrelevant IMO. Don't that have better things to do?
  • That's what I'm saying. I think there was a bigger update but that was just part of it. I know the platoons are coming soon, so maybe that was part of it too but they aren't available yet.

I know PS4 and PC got updated for sure. 
  • When I tried to start BF4 the other night, it told me it needed an update.  That was the same night I got the beta invite thing for the Xbone update.
  • Battlefield 4 Naval Strike release date set for March 18? http://t.co/EVBgOZA8uV
  • Platoons are LIVE. Just sent out invites
  • I is in the Platoon!
  • I'm about to run a quick round... And I am also in the platoon!
  • First Battlefield 4 Naval Strike screenshots released http://t.co/t7b19uXbGG
  • They should add hoverboat races!
  • http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LGmSRnRoTBc

The upcoming Battlefield 4 Naval Strike DLC will be released in just two weeks, and the first details have (sort of) leaked around the web. The biggest leak is a video that explains just how the new Carrier Assault game mode works — you can find the video above.

The video tutorial shows how the new Carrier Assault game works in practice: players will capture control points on the map that fire missiles towards the enemy aircraft carrier. When the carrier’s health is depleted to 50%, players can board the enemy carrier and blow up two bomb sites. When each of those are destroyed, the carrier sinks and the team wins.
    The Carrier Assault mode is pretty close to the original Titan mode from BF2142, only in Battlefield 4, the ships don’t have any shields protecting them. As with Titan, the more control points a team has on land, the more missiles are fired towards the enemy ship.

The Battlefield 4 Naval Strike expansion will be released on March 18th — check out the first screenshots of the DLC.
  • Update went live today. Patch notes are here

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955065226393860044/

I like that helicopters are getting buffed and AA are getting nerfed
  • The @Battlefield 4 "Naval Strike" teaser trailer is out http://t.co/VDPVfaa0B2
  • Maybe this will pull me away from Titanfall...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!